Monday, July 30, 2012

Glad to speak French.


I feel very fortunate in our village of choice, happy that the majority of the inhabitants are French speaking (there are a few very nice British scattered around, but not that many). This morning I went out for a little run and had a nice chat with a French woman from a house a road over (road is really not the right word, lane?- very quiet!) who is up for a vacation. Then I was walking up the road, warming up, and I overtook an elderly woman out for a walk, and again had a nice little chat. She was doing a loop and pointed out a grassy path that she was turning off on. Peter and I later went for a walk and took the same path, and what a gorgeous walk it was! Under some beautiful canopies of trees, past a lovely field complete with a deer, past a kind of creepy deserted house & barn, then through a canopied, grassy trail that led to a collection of houses, a tiny hamlet, I never knew existed. What a fun discovery, all from a conversation I was able to have with a kind, local French person in our village.

1 comment: